Monday, May 18, 2009

The Concept





I've always been a fan of great acoustic music.  Especially when it's recorded properly, and you can hear that glorious thump of a Martin D-28, or the luscious chop of a great sounding F-5 mandolin.  I wasn't always a tone freak, but as the violinist and mandolinist in the Kokomo Bros and The Johnsons, I gradually came around to that concept of tone.  

I stretched out into uncharted territory with The Johnnie Moodwick Trio, doing original instrumental music written with my dear friend John April.  Sadly, there isn't much recorded material from this ensemble.  But most importantly, Johnnie Moodwick was a performing band forcing me to learn the sound reinforcement techniques for live performance.  And of course this carries over into the studio.  

So here I am in my studio that I've continually upgraded over the years, doing something that I've always done, but doing  it better.   

No comments:

Post a Comment